[Oa-italia] California Univ. NON rinnova il contratto Elsevier

Elena Giglia elena.giglia a gmail.com
Gio 28 Feb 2019 23:15:52 CET

...giusto per essere chiari
In negotiating with Elsevier, UC aimed to accelerate the pace of scientific
discovery by ensuring that research produced by UC’s 10 campuses — which
accounts for nearly 10 percent of all U.S. publishing output — would be
immediately available to the world, without cost to the reader. Under
Elsevier’s proposed terms, the publisher would have charged UC authors
large publishing fees on top of the university’s multi-million dollar
subscription, resulting in much greater cost to the university and much
higher profits for Elsevier.

...per questo bisognerebbe avere il coraggio di lasciare il tavolo dei
negoziati, come ricordava anche Colleen a Roma.
eg