[Oa-italia] Call for posters per OAI11 in Geneva

Elena Giglia elena.giglia a unito.it
Mer 3 Apr 2019 16:41:39 CEST

Per favore da diffondere presso ricercatori e interessati.
Ginevra e' davvero un'occasione unica
eg

We invite proposals for posters to be presented at OAI 11. The posters will
be displayed in the main atrium of the conference venue, and there will be
an opportunity for successful poster exhibitors to present their work in a
special conference plenary on Wednesday June 19th.

This year, we are experimenting with a different format for our poster
session from previous OAI workshops. We are inviting you to submit a poster
inspired by one of three themes:

*Pushing the possible*
Are you developing a concept, prototype or beta for a new or innovative
open science platform, service or tool? Would you like to share your idea,
gather feedback and collaborators and get a chance to pitch to a group of
fellow open science enthusiasts? This poster strand is designed to showcase
emerging possibilities and to give innovators a chance to test out their
ideas with a supportive, informed crowd.

*Making open flow*
Open means available. Whether that's the 'thing' itself, or enough
information about the thing to help others to understand it, and to find
out how to access it, exposing and sharing information systematically is a
cornerstone of open as a practical reality. Show us how your system,
standard, technology, infrastructure or information resources help others
to find, explore, and reuse open research outputs of any kind. What is your
role in the global open science landscape?

*Recognition and rewards*
Opening up the world of research means changing behaviours and incentives.
How does your community or organisation encourage researchers to adopt open
practices? How have your reward systems evolved to recognise a contribution
to the openness of science as a first-class output in and of itself? Bring
a poster that demonstrates your approach, and inspire others to do more to
support open careers.

Posters will be grouped according to these themes, and we will ask poster
presenters to work together to prepare a special 10 minute presentation on
their theme in the poster plenary. A room will be available in the morning
of Wednesday June 19 for volunteers from each group to prepare their
presentation.

*The deadline for proposals is now extended to  April 18th*, and proposers
will be notified of the review outcomes by April 30th. Please submit a *one
paragraph* abstract for your poster after a quick Lightweight Accounts
registration process
<https://account.cern.ch/account/Externals/RegisterAccount.aspx> (different
from the conference registration) If your poster is accepted you should
still register for the workshop as normal and you will be expected to pay
your own expenses. Owing to the large demand on accommodation, we advise
you to register early - you may cancel your registration later if your
submission is not successful.

--
dr. Elena Giglia
Unità di progetto Open Access