[Oa-italia] Possibile colelzione nazionale Italia in SciELO
elena.giglia a unito.it
Mer 13 Giu 2018 09:48:25 CEST
alla recente OPERAS conference di Atene Abel Packer, il creatore di SciELO,
mi ha chiesto: perche' non creiamo una collezione nazionale italiana in
SciELO, sul modello di quelle esistenti.
Mi ha mandato queste specifiche tecniche/organizzative, che allego sotto.
Ho l'impressione che sia una bella sfida, in termini di impegno, ma io
sarei per provarci. UniTo puo' offrirsi come coordinatore.
Chi di voi ha una piattaforma di riviste Open ed e' interessato mi scriva,
senza intasare la lista.
Grazie, cari saluti
Dear Elena, Hi. Thanks for your message. Please, take into consideration
the following points to create and develop a national Italian collection of
1. The objective of a SciELO national collection is to index and publish
peer reviewed journals to increase viability, access and impact. It also
aims at to develop national capacities to produce journals according the
state of art.
2. It is expected to have only one national collection, which is
coordinated by a national recognized institution and the development of the
collection is assisted by a National Advisory Committe which is responsible
to determine which new journals are accepted and also evaluated the
permanence of journals in the collection.
3. All national collection are operated with the same platform In order to
guarantee full interoperability.
4. The interface is multilingual English, Spanish and Protuguese. If we
succeed to have a SciELO Italy we will need to have an Italian Interface
5. Usually, we do a preliminary study on the feasibility of the creation
and operation of a SciELO national collection. If there are conditions to
go on, we start with pilot project involving 3 to 5 journals. This pilot
usually takes around 6-8 months to be completed. After the pilot project,
if the result is positive, a regular operation starts.
6. A National SciELO collection needs a coordination unit to run the
collection and to serve as sedretariat of rhe advisory committee. It needs
also IT people and physical infrastructure to run the platform.
7. SciELO Brazil provides training to the coordination unit, to journals
and to companies that serves journals.
8. There are two main models of operating a national collection:
- the national coordination unit takes the responsibility of preparing the
XML marked up articles according the SciELO Publishing Schema which is a
JATS implementation. This is the more efficient and straight forward to
operate national collection but requires Ó coordination with enough
resoruces to guarantee the overall operation of the collection. It is
possible to start this model and move to the second after about two or
three Years of operation.
- journals are responsible to send the XML and PDF files to the
coordination unit. So, the costs are shared.
Due to the complexities of XML preparation, many countries promoted the
creation of national companies to prepare xml files since there is no
reason to develop journal capacity to just prepare a few number of
dr. Elena Giglia
UnitÓ di progetto Open Access
Direzione Ricerca e Terza Missione
Universita' degli Studi di Torino
-------------- parte successiva --------------
Un allegato HTML Ŕ stato rimosso...
Maggiori informazioni sulla lista