[Oa-italia] Fwd: [CODATA-international] Fwd: Webinar: Data Citation, Online 12.00 till 13.00, 29 February 2016

Elena Giglia elena.giglia a unito.it
Lun 8 Feb 2016 17:52:43 CET

Buonasera, vi segnalo questo webinar su data citation, di possibile
interesse.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Simon CODATA <simon a codata.org>
Date: 2016-02-08 17:33 GMT+01:00

This webinar on Data Citation from the UK Data Service may be of interest
to a broader audience in the CODATA International Community.

With very best wishes,

Simon.
___________________________

Webinar: Data Citation

Online 12.00 till 13.00

The UK Data Service is exploring ways of citing data ranging from study
level, to subsets of data, to paragraphs of text.

The UK Data Service produces citations for each of our data catalogue
records held within Discover <https://discover.ukdataservice.ac.uk/>, our
on-line tool used to search and browse our data collections . Each citation
includes a persistent identifier, created via DataCite, to give a unique
access code to assign to the data. Citations can be downloaded in multiple
formats.

We also have tools to dynamically create a citation from paragraphs in
qualitative <https://discover.ukdataservice.ac.uk/QualiBank> text.

Users can select a passage of text, for which we then mint a unique
identifier.  This can be used to precisely cite the exact piece of text
selected. Those reading subsequent research, can then go directly to that
particular paragraph to read the text in context.

Our tools allow the citation to be simply copied and pasted into any
reference list.

This webinar will explain how to cite data from the UK Data Service
collections and show how easy it is to produce citations in multiple
formats.

Further information and booking:
https://www.ukdataservice.ac.uk/news-and-events/eventsitem/?id=4429

__________________________

Helen Johnson

Communications and Outreach Assistant

__________________________

*T *+44(0) 1206 872319

*E* hljohn a essex.ac.uk

*W* ukdataservice.ac.uk

*UK Data Service*

UK Data Archive

University of Essex

Legal Disclaimer: Any views expressed by the sender of this message

are not necessarily those of the UK Data Service or the UK Data Archive.

This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for

the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed.