[Oa-italia] RSP ha aggiornato al 2010 il Software Survey per repository

Susanna Mornati mornati a cilea.it
Dom 14 Nov 2010 18:59:06 CET

Rob Ingram di RSP (Nottingham) ha annunciato la pubblicazione dei
risultati del survey 2010 riguardante i pił diffusi pacchetti software o
servizi per la gestione di repository, all'indirizzo:
http://www.rsp.ac.uk/software/surveyresults2010.

RSP ha prodotto una serie di utili tabelle di comparazione. Riporto
sotto l'annuncio in dettaglio.

Saluti,
Susanna Mornati

--- Original message ---
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 14:26:45 +0000
From: Rob Ingram <Rob.Ingram a nottingham.ac.uk>
Subject: [Dspace-general] RSP Software Survey 2010
To: dspace-general a lists.sourceforge.net

The Repositories Support Project (RSP) is pleased to announce the
results of its Software Survey 2010.

The RSP software survey questioned the major repository software vendors
on the functional, technical and other aspects of their solutions. The
results are presented in a comparative table. The software included in
the survey is CONTENTdm, Digital Commons, DigiTool, DSpace, EPrints,
EQUELLA Repository, Fedora, Islandora/ Fedora, intraLibrary, Open
Repository and Microsoft Zentity.

The results can be seen at http://www.rsp.ac.uk/software/surveyresults2010

This is an update to our earlier survey carried out in March 2009. The
results of the original survey can still be seen at
http://www.rsp.ac.uk/software/surveyresults.

The update includes additional questions to cover new technologies such
as Web 2.0 as well as greater detail on product costs. This is in
addition to the original survey sections such as:

* Supported Item Types
* User Interface Functions
* User Validation
* Software Platforms & Dependencies
* Machine-to-Machine Interoperability
* Administrators' Functions
* Documentation & Help
* Services
* Exemplar Repositories

Suppliers were asked to distinguish between features that are available
now in the current release of their software, and features that are
still undergoing testing or planned for the future.

We hope repository managers will find the survey results useful,
especially if they are in the process of specifying a new repository.

--
Rob Ingram
Technical Developer (RSP)

Centre for Research Communications
University of Nottingham
Greenfield Medical Library
A.31 Queen's Medical Centre
Nottingham NG7 2UH

T: +44 (0) 115 84 68602
F: +44 (0) 115 82 30549
rob.ingram a nottingham.ac.uk

http://rsp.ac.uk
http://crc.nottingham.ac.uk

--
Susanna Mornati, CILEA, SURplus and AePIC Team Leader
Via R. Sanzio 4, I-20090 SEGRATE MI, ITALY

There is a truism in the tech industry, which is expressed
this way: "You can have it better, faster, or cheaper. Now
choose 2 out of 3."