[Oa-italia] Springer Open Choice ha un effetto sui prezzi

Maria Cassella maria.cassella a unito.it
Mar 22 Giu 2010 10:07:07 CEST

Springer ha annunciato che dal momento che si è avuta una crescita degli
articoli finanziati nel 2009 con l'opzione Author-Choice ci sarà una
diminuzione dei prezzi per i titoli interessati nel 2011 (30 in totale).
Segue la Press release dell'editore Springer.
saluti
mc

Springer Open Choice uptake affects 2011 journal pricing

> Heidelberg / Dordrecht / New York / London, 18 June 2010

> Springer has analyzed the uptake of its open access option Open
Choice for articles published in 2009 and is pleased to share its
impact on 2011 pricing.>
> Springer Open Choice allows authors to publish their article
with open access in exchange for payment of a fee, for the
majority of its journals.  The articles are then immediately
freely available and the copyright remains with the author, and
articles are published under the Creative Commons Attribution
Non-Commercial License.  These articles can be self-archived with
immediate access.

> > A detailed analysis of the Open Choice articles published in

2009 showed that over 30 journals published a significant share
of paid open access articles in 2009.  This will be reflected in
these journals' 2011 subscription prices.

> Wim van der Stelt, EVP Business Development at Springer, says:

'We have always said that we would monitor the uptake of the Open
Choice offering closely.  In 2010, we already adjusted
subscription prices for a small group of journals and the group
of journals with a significant number of paid Open Choice
articles has grown further.  We are therefore pleased to reflect
this in the 2011 pricing.  We believe that this emphasizes the
constructive attitude of Springer towards open access, which we
have shown previously by pioneering Open Choice in 2004 and
acquiring BioMed Central in 2008.'