[Oa-italia] Contributo di Piero Cavaleri et al - sull'esperienza in Open Access della rivista OA "European Journal of Comparative Economics

Paola Gargiulo paola.gargiulo a caspur.it
Gio 26 Feb 2009 19:27:41 CET

Piero Cavaleri, et al., Publishing an E-journal on a shoe string: Is it
a sustainaible project? working paper, February 2009
<http://d.repec.org/n?u=RePEc:uca:ucapdv:118&r=ict>

Abstract:
    The aim of this article is to report on an experiment in publishing
    an open access journal and learn from it about the larger field of
    open access publishing. The experiment is the launch of the European
    Journal of Comparative Economics <http://eaces.liuc.it/> (EJCE), an
    on-line refereed and open access journal, founded in 2004 by the
    European Association for Comparative Economic Studies and LIUC
    University in Italy. They embarked upon this project in part to
    respond to the rising concentration in the market for scientific
    publishing and the resulting use of market power to raise
    subscription prices and restrict access to scientific output. We had
    hoped that open access journals could provide some countervailing
    power and increase competition in the field. Our experience running
    a poorly endowed journal has shown that entry to the field may be
    easy, yet that making it a sustainable enterprise is not
    straightforward.
Fonte: Peter Suber Open Access News
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/fosblog.html

--