[Oa-italia] [Fwd: [OAI-general] OAI6: Registration open for CERN Workshop onInnovations in ScholarlyCommunication]

maria.cassella a unito.it maria.cassella a unito.it
Mer 11 Feb 2009 07:28:14 CET

un appuntamento irrinunciabile per il mondo OA. Un
commento laconico: quanti di noi riusciranno ad andare?
a presto
maria

------------------ Messaggio originale -------------------
Oggetto: [OAI-general] OAI6: Registration open for CERN
Workshop onInnovations in ScholarlyCommunication Da:
"Herbert Van de Sompel" <herbertv a lanl.gov>
Data:    Mar, 10 Febbraio 2009, 6:39 pm
A:       "OAI-implementers"
<oai-implementers a oaisrv.nsdl.cornell.edu>
         "OAI-general" <oai-general a oaisrv.nsdl.cornell.edu>

With apologies for cross-posting
--------------------------------

We are pleased to announce that the registration for the
CERN Workshop  on Innovations in Scholarly Communication
(OAI6), which will be held at  the University of Geneva on
17th-19th June 2009, is open now.

Registration form, program, accommodation, travel
information and other  details can be found on our web
site :
http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=48321

Excerpt from the first announcement :
"The workshop will follow the successful format of
previous workshops  mixing practical tutorials,
presentations from cutting-edge projects and  research,
discussion groups, posters, and an intense social
programme to  maximize interaction and communication. It
will be possible to register  for a part or all of the
programme.

The workshop is aimed at those involved in the development
of openaccess  (OA) repositories and who can influence the
direction of developments  either within their
institution, their country or at an international  level -
that includes technical developers of OA bibliographic
databases  and connected services, research information
policy developers at  university or library level, funding
bodies concerned with access to the  results of their
research, OA publishers,and influential researchers  keen
to lead OA developments in their own field."

We look forward to welcoming you to Geneva next June.

Herbert Van de Sompel
On behalf of the OAI6 Organising Committee
Email: oaiworkshop-organisation a unige.ch

--
Herbert Van de Sompel
Digital Library Research & Prototyping