[Oa-italia] Il costo (non retribuito) della peer review

Elena Giglia elena.giglia a unito.it
Mar 16 Nov 2021 17:01:35 CET

...ultima segnalazione della giornata (spero) che punta i riflettori sul
costo "sommerso" degli esperti che fanno peer review
*A billion-dollar donation: estimating the cost of researchers’ time spent
on peer review*

By design, our results are very likely to be under-estimates as they
reflect only a portion of the total number of journals worldwide. The
numbers highlight the enormous amount of work and time that researchers
provide to the publication system, and the importance of considering
alternative ways of structuring, and paying for, peer review. We foster
this process by discussing some alternative models that aim to boost the
benefits of peer review, thus improving its cost-benefit ratio

https://link.springer.com/epdf/10.1186/s41073-021-00118-2

Buona lettura
eg
--