[Oa-italia] Open Access negotiators prepare for a future without publishers

Elena Giglia elena.giglia a unito.it
Sab 5 Maggio 2018 10:34:57 CEST

Buongiorno
segnalo questo articolo sull'incontro del 4 maggio fra i negoziatori
europei, cui ha partecipato anche Robert-Jan Smit, inviato speciale per
l'OA.

Open Access negotiators prepare for a future without publishers
https://www.scienceguide.nl/2018/05/open-access-negotiators-prepare-for-a-future-without-publishers/

Estrapolo solo queste due frasi:
Meijer believes that the lack of information on the side of the academic
institutions has held back progress for too long. “Those days are over now
we are sharing information and *deciding on a common strategy* at an
international level.”

“I think we’re heading for a major clash, especially now *universities are
joining forces on a European level. * However, I really hope to reach an
agreement with all parties.”

Smits will present his OA plans this Summer. In this plan for the European
Commission he will have to indicate how the EU is going to meet the goal,
set by the European ministers, of 100% OA in 2020. “If we keep moving at
this pace, we’ll never reach our goals,” Meijer says, *confirming that a
future plan might not include the academic publishers whatsoever.*
Mi farebbe molto piacere sapere se qualcuno dall'Italia ha partecipato/e'
stato invitato, o se restiamo, come spesso accade, ai confini dell'Impero.

Buon sabato
eg

--
dr. Elena Giglia