[Oa-italia] FP7 Post-Grant

Paola Gargiulo p.gargiulo a cineca.it
Mar 10 Ott 2017 16:05:21 CEST

Messaggio di interesse per chi gestisce  piattaforme per la
pubblicazione di riviste  GOLD Open Access (cioé riviste che  non
richiedono alcuna APC per la pubblicazione degli articoli ) e che
pubblicano articoli peer reviewed risultanti da progetti finanziati dal
programma FP7 e Horizon 2020.

Il progetto OpenAIRE EC FP7 Post-Grant Open Access Pilot invita tutte le
iniziative editoriali che utilizzano il modello Open Access Gold e che
pubblicano articoli risultanti da progetti finanziati in FP7 e Horizon
2020 di partecipare al bando per ottenere un finanziamento una tantum
per apportare migliorie alla propria piattaforma.

Si tratta di un secondo bando, il primo era uscito un paio di anni fa.

Informazioni maggiori le trovate qui

The OpenAIRE EC FP7 Post-Grant Open Access Pilot is pleased to announce
a new call for bids, this time to support open access publishing
initiatives (see definition below) that intend to experiment with
sustainable funding models alternative to author facing  article/book
processing charges (APC/BPC, hereafter referred to as ‘author fees’).
The first call was focused on facilitating technical improvements for
existing OA journals and platforms (the results are available in this
final report
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KxwqODTTqLbh2rp4WTm0MMZ32lDjGMhxezd25Mw0gsk/edit#heading=h.7twhoxfbs6gx>)

With this second call, we want to acknowledge the efforts that are being
made, within the OA publishing landscape, to develop, pilot, and apply
business models other than author fee based ones. *We want to support
ongoing and new initiatives that put an effort in investigating or
experimenting with sustainable and scalable alternative business models.
We want to support both start-up initiatives during the planning and
launching stages and/or publishing initiatives that want to transition
from one business model to another. We also welcome Research &
Development initiatives, provided that the results will be made public
and reusable. *

As this call is embedded within the OpenAIRE project, all eligible
initiatives will have to prove that a number of FP7/H2020 publications
will be published by it. The total budget available is € 200 000.

According to this provision of funding, we are targeting and accepting
submissions from initiatives in the following categories:

  * Existing non-author fee publishing initiatives who want to *solidify
    or scale up* their business model
  * Established author fee based full open access or subscription based
    publication initiatives that intend to *switch *to a non-author fee
    based open access business model
  * *Research and Development* related to non-author fee based open
    access publishing, provided that a concrete end result is envisioned
    and that the research will be communicated in a (re)usable format in
    order to maximise the impact and dissemination
  * We value initiative and out-of-the box thinking. Proposal submitters
    are free to add other activities when well motivated and serving the
    purpose of this bid.

*=> Please note that the funds cannot be used to merely replace APC
charges for a limited period of time. Also, this call is not solely
intended for applying technical improvements for existing platforms,
although these can be part of the activities proposed. *

--
Paola Gargiulo
OpenAIRE NOAD- National Open Access Desk-Italia