[Oa-italia] 552 richieste di accesso agli atti amministrativi per sapere quanto si spende per abbonamenti in UK

Elena Giglia elena.giglia a unito.it
Ven 28 Apr 2017 08:34:14 CEST

Buongiorno,
altra gustosa notizia: Stuart Lawson, gia' autore di Opening the black box
of Scholarly Communication Funding(
https://olh.openlibhums.org/articles/10.16995/olh.72/) , ha presentato 552
richieste di accesso agli atti per sapere quanto spendono le universita'
per gli abbonamenti con i grandi editori internazionali:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/user/stuart_lawson

Finalmente un percorso di trasparenza come raccomandato nella Amsterdam
call for Action,
https://english.eu2016.nl/documents/reports/2016/04/04/amsterdam-call-for-action-on-open-science

Se non si sa quanto si paga, per gli editori e' facile segmentare il
mercato a loro piacimento e mantenere le rendite di posizione, come
candidamente ammesso nel 2013 dal rappresentante di Elsevier David Tempest:

*Tempest*: Well, indeed there are confidentiality clauses inherent in the
system, in our Freedom Collections
<http://info.sciencedirect.com/sciencedirect/buying/Additional/freedom>.
The Freedom Collections do give a lot of choice and there is a lot of
discount in there to the librarians. And the use, and the cost per use has
been dropping dramatically, year on year. And so we have to ensure that, in
order to have fair competition between different countries, that we have
this level of confidentiality to make that work. Otherwise everybody would
drive down, drive down, drive drive drive, and that would mean that …

[The last  part is drowned in the laughter of the audience.]

Buone letture

eg

--
dr. Elena Giglia