[Oa-italia] Fwd: [libraries] Signalling Open Access

giaccai a gmail.com giaccai a gmail.com
Gio 6 Apr 2017 11:28:32 CEST

Segnalo questa interessante iniziativa del mondo wikimedia di promozione
degli articoli ad accesso aperto
Susanna

---------- Messaggio inoltrato ----------
Da: "Andrea Zanni" <zanni.andrea84 a gmail.com>
Data: 06/Apr/2017 11:15
Oggetto: [libraries] Signalling Open Access
A: "Wikimedia & Libraries" <libraries a lists.wikimedia.org>, "openaccess" <
openaccess a lists.wikimedia.org>

Hi everyone.
After the great meeting that some of us had in Berlin,
I'd like to ask again what can we do to revive the "signalling open access"
project¹.
For those who don't know it, the idea was to put an icon beside links in
references, on Wikipedia, expressing
* if it's behind a paywall
* if it's free-to-read
* if it's free to reuse

There are already great projects who find OA-versions of articles online,
like Unpaywall² or Open Access Button³. All their code is open source and
also the indexing of OA articles, so I'm sure there is room for
collaboration.

I've also noticed that, right now, on Wikipedia, you can have a
"subscription required" icon beside some references. Is someone involved in
the that upgrade?

Aubrey

¹ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Open_
Access/Signalling_OA-ness