[Oa-italia] Elsevier steps away from RWA

Ilaria Fava i.fava a caspur.it
Lun 27 Feb 2012 16:06:41 CET

Dal comunicato stampa di Elsevier (http://goo.gl/hJTem)

/"We have heard expressions of support from publishers and scholarly
societies for the principle behind the legislation. However, we have
also heard from some Elsevier journal authors, editors and reviewers who
were concerned that the Act seemed inconsistent with Elsevier's
long-standing support for expanding options for free and low-cost public
access to scholarly literature. That was certainly not our intention in
supporting it. This perception runs counter to our commitment to making
published research widely accessible, coming at a time when we continue
to expand our access options for authors and develop advanced
technologies to enable the sharing and distribution of research results.

/"Some" journal authors, editors and reviewers sono circa 7500 persone;
in assoluto non sono tante, ma hanno sollevato abbastanza polverone da
indurre l'editore a fare marcia indietro.

Cosa succederà adesso?

Rimaniamo in fiduciosa attesa che Elsevier realizzi queste "/options for
free and low-cost public access to scholarly literature"/ !

Buon lavoro,
Ilaria