[Oa-italia] open attribute

Elena Giglia elena.giglia a unito.it
Mar 8 Feb 2011 09:39:33 CET

Giro alla lista da LibLicense.
saluti cari
elena

Dear all,

I am pleased to announce the launch of Open Attribute, a suite of
tools that make it simple to copy and paste the correct
attribution for any Creative Commons licensed work on the web.

http://openattribute.com

Today we released add-ons for Firefox and Chrome that query the
metadata around a CC-licensed object and produce a properly
formatted attribution that users can copy and paste wherever they
need to, in both plain text and RDFa. An Opera add-on will be
released shortly.

This project was born at the Mozilla Drumbeat festival, and is
the result of a collaboration between librarians, educators, and
programmers from around the world. I hope you will try it - I'm
already finding it incredibly useful.

Sincerely,
Molly Kleinman
University of Michigan Library