[Oa-italia] cosa vorreste da DSpace 1.6?

Susanna Mornati mornati a cilea.it
Mar 21 Apr 2009 13:03:19 CEST

Buongiorno a tutti,
giro alla lista questa iniziativa dei committer di DSpace in
occasione del prossimo rilascio di una versione intermedia fra la
1.5.2 (rilasciata a cura del CILEA) e la 2.0 (prevista per il 2010).
Si tratta in sostanza di un questionario con una sola domanda: cosa
vorreste che facesse il prossimo DSpace? Si possono dare 3 risposte.

Scade il 28 aprile, percio' vi consiglio di affrettarvi per fare
sentire la voce degli utenti italiani di DSpace!!

Saluti a tutti,
Susanna Mornati

--- original message ----
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:26:33 +1200
From: "Stuart Lewis" <s.lewis a auckland.ac.nz>
Subject: [Dspace-general] DSpace 1.6 - Have Your Say! http://dspacesuvey.info/
To: "DSpace General" <dspace-general a mit.edu>

Hi!

As you'll have seen from recent emails, the DSpace community has now
released version 1.5.2 of the DSpace software. It has many new
features, some enhancements to current features, and some bug fixes.
Many of you will also know that a small team of developers have been
working on DSpace version 2.0 which will bring with it many essential
architectural enhancements to ensure that DSpace continues to fulfil
the needs of the user community over the coming years. DSpace 2.0 is
likely to be released early in 2010.

In the mean time, the DSpace committers have decided to start working
on DSpace version 1.6. By moving to 1.6 (rather than 1.5.3) we can
add new features that require changes to underlying DSpace database.
We can't tell you just yet what new features will be in version 1.6
because we haven't decided! And that is where you come in...

We'd like you to tell us which three features you would like to see
in version 1.6. To help you do this, we have created an online survey
at http://dspacesurvey.info/. We know nobody likes to be bombarded
with surveys, so we've kept this one really short. In fact, it asks
only one question:

"What should be in DSpace version 1.6?"

The survey has three boxes to enable you to tell us what your top
three new features would be. We can then look at all the survey
effort. We'll put all the commonly requested features into JIRA
(http://jira.dspace.org/) to enable further commenting and voting. As
always, if you want to develop your own new features, we'd love to
work with you to get those features included provided that they are
in scope, or if you want to work with us on the new features that the
community votes for, please get in touch! The DSpace community relies
on developers donating their time and expertise to help improve the
software. If you want to join in, get in touch at the dspace-devel email list.

But for now, what are you waiting for? Fill in the survey...
http://dspacesurvey.info/

(Please complete the survey by the 28th of April as we'll close it then)

Stuart Lewis
Digital Services Programmer
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: 64 9 373-7599 x81928
http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz

Susanna Mornati, Project Leader AEPIC, www.aepic.it
CILEA Consorzio Interuniversitario, www.cilea.it
I-20090 Segrate Milano, Via R.Sanzio 4 - tel. +39 02 26995 1 (dir.322)
cell. +39 348 7090 226, e-mail: mornati a cilea.it, skype: susanna.mornati

Technology is 90% of the problem and10% of the solution, but having
the right 10% can be a major benefit (Les Carr).

Disclaimer: the content of this email is confidential and may be
privileged, and it must not be disclosed or copied without the
sender's consent. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender and remove it from your system. The content of this
email does not constitute legal advice, nor any responsibility is
accepted for loss or damage incurred as a result of acting upon its
contents or attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in
this email are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect
those of the employer.