[Oa-italia] German Science Priority Initiative - Digital Information and e-infrastructure

Susanna Mornati mornati a cilea.it
Dom 28 Set 2008 21:24:49 CEST

Inoltro l'ennesimo esempio estero di interesse istituzionale verso
Open Access, Open Data, conservazione e licenze nazionali per le
risorse digitali.

Saluti, Susanna

>Date:    Fri, 26 Sep 2008 12:01:55 +0100
>From:    Neil Beagrie <neil a beagrie.com>
>Subject: German Science Priority Initiative - Digital Information
>and e-infrastructure
>
>Members of the list may be interested in a recent national policy initiative
>in Germany covering a series of digital preservation topics including
>archiving of e-journals, and the preservation and re-use of primary research
>data.
>

>An alliance of scientific organisations in Germany which includes all the
>majors players such as Deutsche Forschungsgemeinshaft (DFG, the German
>Research Foundation), Fraunhofer Society, Helmholtz Association of German
>Research Centres, and the Max Planck Society, have signed a joint national
>e-infrastructure policy initiative which has six priority areas focusing on:
>

>National licencing of e-journals;
>
>Open Access;
>
>National hosting strategy for preservation of e-journals;
>
>Preservation and re-use of primary research data;
>
>Virtual research environments; and
>
>Legal frameworks (focusing on copyright law and equalising VAT treatment on
>print and electronic publications).
>
>Further information on the initiative is now available to download as a PDF
>in English
><http://www.dfg.de/forschungsfoerderung/wissenschaftliche_infrastruktur/lis/
>download/allianz_initiative_digital_information_en.pdf>  , you can also read
>it in the original German
><http://www.dfg.de/aktuelles_presse/das_neueste/download/pm_allianz_digitale
>_information_details_080612.pdf> , or my summary in the blog
><http://blog.beagrie.com/archives/2008/09/25/german-science-priority-initiat
>ive-digital-information-and-e-infrastructure/>  entry.
>

>Neil Beagrie
>
>Charles Beagrie Ltd
>
>Digital Access and Preservation
>
>Management and Research Consultancy
>
>Website: www.beagrie.com <http://www.beagrie.com/>
>
>Blog: www.blog.beagrie.com

Susanna Mornati, CILEA
Project Leader AEPIC, www.aepic.it
+39 02 2699 5322, +39 348 7090 226,
mailto:mornati a cilea.it, skype: susanna.mornati

Disclaimer: the content of this email is confidential and may be
privileged, and it must not be disclosed or copied without the
sender's consent. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender and remove it from your system. The content of this
email does not constitute legal advice, nor any responsibility is
accepted for loss or damage incurred as a result of acting upon its
contents or attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in
this email are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect
those of the employer.